At Vantage, we're passionate about building a cloud cost visibility and optimization platform that helps enable everyone – from developers to enterprises – analyze, report, collaborate on and optimize their cloud infrastructure costs. Both our CEO (who is a repeat founder) and CTO are passionate about cloud infrastructure. Having worked together at DigitalOcean, they are taking their combined knowledge to build and scale the Vantage platform. Together we are a small but hard working team of ~15 employees based out of New York City (but embrace the remote-friendly lifestyle). We are looking to grow the organization to roughly 30-40 people in 2023.
Our current customers include NASA, Square, Compass, Buzzfeed, Barstool Sports, PBS, Planetscale, and Panther. The company entered 2023 cash flow positive and we are looking to invest more deeply in growth moving forward.
Vantage is also backed by outstanding, top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Calvin French Owen (Co-Founder, Segment), Ben and Moisey Uretsky (Co-Founders, DigitalOcean), Stephanie and Nat Friedman (CEO, Github), Julia Lipton, Brianne Kimmel and others.
About the Role:
Vantage has achieved product market fit. We're looking for a sales leader to help hire, grow and run our sales team. Ideally this person has "seen what great looks like" and wants to replicate it at Vantage. This person should feel comfortable as a player-coach and will hold responsibilities of finding strategies for identifying new customers for prospecting, track and grow pipeline, forecast and define sales targets and recruiting the best sales team possible
As the single-threaded leader for sales you will report to the CEO of the company who will be actively involved on supporting anything sales and marketing related. Our organization is a high emotional intelligence, hard working and collaborative culture. You'll have a world class product and engineering team and a growing marketing team that generates inbound leads.
What You Will Do:
- Recruit the best Business Development Representatives, Account Executives, Sales Engineers and Revops folks.
- Build, report on and forecast the sales pipeline both to the sales team and to management.
- Drive a relentless focus on de-risking deals to ensure they close as expected.
- Be a leader and manager to an existing and growing sales team. Help grow BDRs, AEs and others on the sales team to ensure they have career success.
- Celebrate the wins.
What We're Looking For:
- A successful professional with a proven track record of running a sales team in some capacity.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in technical sales, ideally having experienced SMB/Mid-Market and Enterprise deals.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with a passion for early stage, product-led sales.
- Experience with modern prospecting research methods, discovery tools, and sales tools.
- Someone who represents the Vantage brand of authentically putting the customer first.
- An independent, life-long learner that can learn Vantage’s product and the customer’s pain points and needs to earn trust.
- A willingness to experiment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- A kind person.
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) and their associated buyer personas within mid-market and large enterprise customers (engineers, architects, and engineering leadership)
- Experience with a product-led sales motion
- Experience selling developer tools