Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, Software Engineering Insights, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
Harness Software Delivery Platform is built on a container-native microservices architecture where microservices for multiple product modules and multiple shared platform services are integrated into a single application. This application is deployed onto Kubernetes clusters, both in Harness SaaS (which runs on public cloud) and customer’s self-managed environments (which run on both public and private clouds). Day-1 install/configuration and day-2 monitoring/management in customer environments involve adherence to DevSecOps principles (such as shift-left vulnerability scanning and SBOM management) as well as site reliability engineering principles (such as composable helm charts installed onto hardened clusters, horizontal scaling, high availability configurations, alerting/troubleshooting, periodic upgrades, disaster recovery setup and more).
In this role, you will own the application software and runtime security/hardening features of the self-managed platform (SMP). You will work with enterprise customers, especially in regulated industries, to understand product requirements so that the platform can be leveraged at scale in production while remaining in compliance with strictest security standards.
- Own the application software security requirements for the platform that include delivery of secure container images compliant with Federal Iron Bank & FIPS standards, supply chain frameworks like SLSA and Linux controls such as SELinux, AppArmor and seccomp.
- Own the application runtime security requirements for the platform that include configurable Kubernetes ingress controllers, inter-service encryption, certificate management, adherence to Kubernetes RBAC, secrets management and overall pod security/admission controller policies
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs to drive customer success
- Build product roadmap based on customers needs, market, and technology trends
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups, and acceptance criteria in collaboration with other module PMs, engineering or independently
- Interact and collaborate with Support, Customer Success, and field teams, to understand customer issues and drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, SRE, and release teams to plan, drive and execute product releases cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support the creation of customer-driven messaging and content
- You are a hands-on product owner driven by data and research
- You are a creative and passionate problem solver
- You are able to think big while charting small steps towards the end goal
- You are obsessed with customer research and design thinking
- You can bring qualitative and quantitative insights together to drive sound decision making
- You are obsessed with the little details and constantly optimizing for simplicity
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven product decision-making mindset
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent understanding of Docker containers, Kubernetes orchestration and cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- 5+ years of experience in product management of application or infrastructure security products
- 10+ years of experience with SaaS / Cloud companies
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Evaluation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $154,000 - $226,000 annually. Salary is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position may also include equity, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.harness.io/company/careers.