Before we get into all the boring, serious formal copy about what this role entails, I just want to say that as our second product management hire, I’m looking forward to working alongside you. I hope that you’re as obsessed with delighting our customers as we are. We’re in a lucky spot, where we have a growing customer base that loves us, and yet, we have so many difficult challenges and work still to do. - Cyrus, CTO
At Scratchpad, our mission is to make salespeople happy. We believe we can do that by reducing complexity and creating delightful experiences, which has led us to pioneer the first workspace for revenue teams. We take the most tedious parts of daily work and turn them into efficient, delightful experiences that positively impact salespeople's professional and personal lives. But don’t take our word for it - read what our customers and top-tier investors are raving about
Life at Scratchpad
The Scratchpad team is defined by our values: simplicity, ideas, results, speed, delight, and feedback. We profoundly care about our customers, the work we do, and each other. You'll constantly be learning from your colleagues as we have a strong culture of feedback. We believe it's part of what has made us successful as a "remote first" company.
As a Product Manager, your mission will be to ship products and features that delight our users, have a meaningful impact on our customers' jobs to be done, and align with the company's growth objectives. We're looking for someone to be a close partner to our founders to increase the team's bandwidth on shipping new features and products.
- 4+ years of experience in the SaaS industry as a Product Manager with a track record of executing on products that delight customers
- Extremely user-focused. Skilled at interviewing users to understand their problems and how our solutions will best solve them
- Strong product management fundamentals, with a deep understanding of everything from discovery to analysis
- A pragmatic approach to PM work - release, evaluate, iterate. You understand that features aren’t complete when they ship
- Demonstrate proactiveness and perseverance in complex and constantly evolving environments
- Define and maintain a clear roadmap for the features and products we will need to build by forming a deep understanding of our user base's various personas and our business goals
- With the design team as your partner, interview users to develop an understanding of the problems that these features and products will solve as well as the level of impact they will have on our users and customers. Explore the solution space
- Work with the engineering team to ensure a spec goes from mocks to a fully released feature, while dealing with unanticipated design problems, technical challenges, etc.
- Work with product marketing and sales to bring features to market
- Enhance the user experience and consequently help us grow our user base, drive adoption, and win deals. We think about success in terms of high customer satisfaction, adoption rates, and ease-of-use
- Quickly build rapport and trust with cross-functional stakeholders through integrity, honesty, authenticity, and drive
- Define and maintain a clear roadmap for our features and products, including prioritization, timelines, and delivery
- Lead, with the help of design, user discovery, and validation
- Instill an obsession with the user across your squad
- Act as the product owner/leader, maintaining the responsibility and accountability for shipping new products and features
- Execute on the product roadmap, emphasizing both shipping product and user adoption/impact
- Balance the design aspects (protect the user experience) with the technical requirements
- Partner closely with your cross-functional team (design, engineering, research) to drive progress, results, and impact
- Partner with marketing on feature announcements and engage with users to derive valuable feedback for product iterations
- Identify gaps in capabilities and prioritize with a value-oriented mentality
- Product discovery and making recommendations on technology
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (with 80% premium coverage)
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Vacation/PTO + 11 company-wide holidays
- 401k with 4% company matching (and vests instantly!)
- Stipend for home office
- At least two in-person company offsites a year
- Fully remote
The estimated base salary range for this role is $170,000 - $200,000. Compensation estimates are based on market data about the role and level while individual compensation offers will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
We believe that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. As an equal opportunity employer, we interact with respect, kindness, and compassion. We are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We're not afraid to let go of existing beliefs as we learn new information and uncover better ideas.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diverse teams build better products, offer more unique perspectives and help foster an inclusive environment for everyone.