Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes. We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
We also offer:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
Product Manager, Innovation team
The Innovation team at Housecall Pro is tasked with driving the future growth. We tackle early stage zero-to-one challenges. We are a stacked, multi-discipline team comprised of: product, software engineering, growth marketing, and sales. You have to know how to make it work with less on our team. Prior startup experience a plus. Founder experience a huge plus.
As a Product Manager, you are responsible for driving continued expansion, and implementing requirements to drive stratospheric growth of Housecall Pro Products. You work daily with our engineering and design teams, and other stakeholders to define the right backlog, structures, and frameworks to move us rapidly forward. Our agile product team is a tight-knit group of inspiring individuals that deliver excellently crafted software experiences and rapidly ship new products. You will help guide us along the right path, balancing business and customer toward world-class results.
You have the experience in making tough and high-impact decisions that influence the direction of the business in huge ways. You are obsessed with making the world a better place through customer experiences. You have the instincts and life experiences that will push our already incredible product team to the next level. You wake up every day fixated about your business and your product. In short – you are a world-class innovator that knows how to deliver.
The essence of a Product person at Housecall Pro is someone who is smart, curious, adaptable, empathetic, and motivated to make a big impact on the customers we serve and the people we work with. We deeply know our customers, our industry, and our business. By joining our team, you sign up to grow personally and professionally, and help others do the same. Our team is patient, empathetic, hard working, and above all else focused on improving the lives of our service professionals (our Pros). Our success is their success.
What you do each day:
- Think. Identify market opportunities, and define product vision and strategy
- Conduct in-depth interviews, surveys, and competitor research
- Analyze customer and business data
- Write and present strategy and product overview documents
- Explore. Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders (Design, Engineering, Product Marketing, Strategy and Operations) to develop and validate compelling solutions to the problems/opportunities in your product area
- Support Product Designers with sound design instincts and clear thinking
- Co-create event models and user flows
- Collaborate with Design and Engineering to develop wireframes
- Partner with business and go-to-market functions to refine product positioning, pricing, risk management, and operational requirements Conduct user testing to validate solutions
- Plan. Effectively plan how to go from idea to delivered product and communicate that plan to others
- Create, update, and communicate roadmap
- Plan day-to-day operations of the product team
- Build. Drive the execution of building features and functionality by doing whatever is needed to keep momentum going alongside stakeholders
- Launch & Learn. Pull together everything needed to effectively launch, measure, learn, and iterate quickly to improve the product and its performance
- Create measurement plans to monitor feature adoption and usage
- Co-create go-to-market plans and collaborate with Marketing and Operations to execute them
- Rapidly develop post-launch product iterations
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- Experience using ‘growth stack’ tools such as Amplitude, Segment, Braze, Launch Darkly and others that enable product managers to rapidly experiment and measure results
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers (e.g. payments, loyalty, subscriptions, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Product Management processes
- Experience in highly performing product organization
- What will help you succeed in this role:
- Passionate about user experience and deep customer empathy
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and operate at high and low altitudes and lead multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Location Dependent Information
This role is open to candidates and the expected salary range for this role is $100k-$118k for PM1, $108k-$128k for PM2, and $121k-$143k for Senior PM.. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.