Optimizely is focused on unlocking the boundless potential of our clients and employees. We are a category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and have the pleasure of serving over 9,000 brands, from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, and Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian DocuSign, FitBit, and Zillow.
Optimizely fosters an inclusive and diverse culture with a global team of 1500+ people spread
across the US, Europe, Dubai, Australia, Singapore, Bangladesh, and Vietnam. Our unique work environment focuses on flexibility, trust, teamwork, diversity, and moving fast.
We genuinely believe that our people make all the difference, and once we find the best talent, we go out of our way to nurture them. If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced and growing environment with industry leaders, Optimizely is the place for you!
We are currently seeking a Technical Product Manager for Optimizely Commerce. We are looking for someone who has a technical background and has experience with product management. This individual will actively participate in cross-functional initiatives, delivering quality work on time, and applying rapid experimentation to drive actionable insights.
As a Technical Product Manager for Optimizely Commerce, you will own technical aspects our products, working alongside the engineering team to define and develop solutions for core product, infrastructure, deployment management, and modernization. You will have a strong understanding of product management fundamentals, SaaS solutions, modern cloud architecture (AWS, Azure), CI/CD, and other technical considerations.
- Work with teams to prioritize technical work, new features and improvements based on customer feedback, engineering feedback, technical needs, and an eye toward the future.
- Leverage technical expertise with technologies like Azure, Docker, SQL, .NET, C#, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, and Datadog to guide the development of the ecommerce platform and make informed decisions on technology choices and architecture.
- Gather and document detailed technical requirements, working closely with engineering, product, and other teams to ensure a comprehensive understanding of tech and functionality.
- Use tools like Jira to manage project timelines, resources, and priorities, ensuring that product development stays on track and meets established milestones.
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure product requirements are translated accurately into technical specifications, and provide guidance on technical challenges and opportunities.
- Proactively plan for the future and address core product and technical concerns using input from customers, engineering, and personal experience and technical depth.
Knowledge and Experience
- 3-5 years of technical and product experience. Preferably with commerce.
- Demonstrated command of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in Product Management, including product requirements, prioritization, cross-team collaboration, etc.
- Agile product management: Experience with Agile methodologies and the ability to prioritize, plan, and manage product development in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Product management tools expertise: Experience with Jira or similar product management tools, allowing for efficient tracking, prioritization, and organization of tasks and resources throughout the product development process.
- Familiarity with SQL, .Net, C#
- Cloud architecture knowledge: Familiarity with designing, implementing, and managing cloud-based solutions, specifically on Azure, to ensure the platform scales efficiently and securely.
- API and microservices architecture: Experience with designing and managing APIs, as well as understanding the role of microservices architecture in developing scalable and maintainable ecommerce platforms.
- CI/CD and DevOps experience: Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines, as well as familiarity with DevOps principles and tools such as Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Monitoring and performance optimization: Understanding of monitoring tools like Datadog and their role in ensuring optimal platform performance, stability, and security.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with engineering, design, marketing, and other teams in developing and delivering ecommerce solutions.
- Ecommerce domain knowledge: Familiarity with the unique challenges and opportunities in the ecommerce industry, as well as an understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends.
- Ability to adapt to new or shifting realities in the industry and the company
Bachelors degree in computer science/informations systems or 3-5 years industry experience without university qualification
Coordinating Project Activities
Driving for Results
Prioritizing and Organizing Work
Optimizely is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.