Zello is a voice-first communication platform, powered by our industry-leading push-to-talk technology, to improve collaboration and productivity for desk-less workers. With over 175+ million users, we’re the #1 rated push-to-talk app in the world, delivering 8 billion (yes, with a B) messages a month.
At Zello, our company values are at the heart of what we do everyday. We’re proud to serve the frontline, we’re privileged to connect people in times of crisis across the globe, and we’re honored to support first responders.
And this is where you come in.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to empower our team with strong analytical thinking and supernatural product sense to discover growth opportunities, contribute to product strategy and bring the product vision to life.
What you'll do
- You'll align product decisions with higher company initiatives through qualitative and quantitative product data, and market research
- You will articulate the requirements, goals and milestones of your team to internal and external stakeholders
- You'll collaborate with the Marketing team to develop messaging, positioning and competitive analysis to enable sales, partners, and customers
- You'll empower the engineering team by providing context, setting direction, and aligning with business needs
- You'll work with the customer facing teams to understand and advocate for customers internally
- You'll define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure, and iterate quickly
- You will mentor other product team members with product goals
- You'll contribute to the overall product strategy, objectives and key results
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a product manager
- You've delivered products or features from inception to release
- You're comfortable with customer research via customer interviews, surveys, and more
- You can define user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope
- You communicate effectively across different audiences like customers, engineers, designers, marketers, and sales people at different levels
- You know what data and metrics are needed to define success
- You bring analytical and problem solving experience with varied types of challenges
- You're internally driven to learn and break down large unambiguous problems into manageable and testable products
- You have a B.S in computer science, software engineering, economics, design, or equivalent experience (nice to have, but not required!)
- Your previous product management experience includes messaging or communication mobile applications, or experience with SaaS products in the SMB and Enterprise space (nice to have, but not required!)
We hire for potential, passion for our mission, and a knack for solving difficult problems over checking every qualification box. We have competitive pay, equity with significant upside, and intentionally design our benefits to encourage healthy and well-balanced employees, from flexible work schedules to unlimited paid time off. We even offer a sabbatical after every five years of service so you’re able to pursue and enjoy what matters most to you. And of course, we wouldn’t be a technology company in Austin without a ping-pong table and free snacks in our break room. Join us!
Zello provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.