At Pluralsight, we see first-hand every day how technology makes the impossible possible. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology and develop the skills of tomorrow. Make the decision to be part of a mission-driven company that is changing the world.
- Sell a proven, industry-leading product that addresses a must-solve business problem.
- Have confidence representing a product customers love, with world-class net retention.
- Feel passionate about your career growth inside a company with outstanding growth rates, addressing a $31 billion market opportunity.
Pluralsight is the leading technology workforce development company. With our Pluralsight Flow product, we help companies build better software, deliver features on time and within budget, and empower engineers to grow their skills and their careers. We’re hiring sales people that want to make a significant impact in the world. Join us and help individuals and companies thrive.
What makes our Revenue Team amazing
- A collaborative, not cut-throat sales environment
- We build extraordinary salespeople through an emphasis on coaching, personal development, and growth
- World-class enablement to support our entrepreneurial AEs - resources and processes that support the sales (versus getting in your way)
- Comp packages that recognize performance with obtainable OTEs, uncapped commission, and realistic quotas
- Unlimited PTO and 2 additional Recharge Weeks off every quarter
- 16+ weeks parental leave (16 weeks + 6 weeks flex time for primary caregiver)
- Comprehensive medical (incl. mental health, infertility, and bariatric coverages) and fully paid dental/vision
In this role you’ll get to
- Sell our Pluralsight Flow application - This application generates actionable metrics about a customer's software engineering workflows, providing visibility across an engineering organization and identifying opportunities for process improvement within an engineering team (the product was previously known as GitPrime).
- Meet and exceed sales quotas -Build pipeline through well-researched and thoughtful emails and cold calls in tandem with a BDR, complete a strategic sales process using Value-Selling sales methodology, and close customer contracts ranging in size from $50K to $1M+. You’ll be responsible for revenue growth in both existing accounts and greenfield territory, ensuring all key metrics are delivered. The role is chartered with selling the Pluralsight Flow product to existing Pluralsight customers and net new logos.
- Be responsible for your business - Develop a territory strategy within your named accounts list, build demand generation plans in partnership with Marketing and Business Development, hold yourself accountable to key metrics, maintain Salesforce accuracy, and forecast your business accurately to leadership. Provide feedback on pre-sales issues and competitive trends. Provide direction and recommendations to extended territory team and leadership to increase efficiencies, structure, and strategy of the region, ensuring individual and team success. A minimum 25% travel to visit customers and attend other field events occurring in assigned territory.
- Use internal and external tools to improve customer information - Use sales tools to identify and profile within assigned territories (SFDC, Sales Navigator, Outreach, etc.)
What it takes to thrive
- You are competitive with yourself, yet collaborative with other team members up, down, and across the business
- You are autonomous - you like to understand the guidelines for success, partner with the business to get what you need, and then work entrepreneurially to get it done
- You are a consultative seller who is seen as a trusted advisor
- Strong verbal and written communicator, especially at the executive level
- Enthusiastic, independent, friendly, engaging, reliable, driven, competitive and have a positive attitude.
- Self motivated, goal and detail oriented, persistent and dependable
What you’ll bring to the table
- Understanding of complex sales cycles and be able to work opportunities that include multiple decision makers and influencers
- Able to proactively prospect into existing accounts and understand prospecting methodologies
- Strong organization skills to work dozens of opportunities simultaneously
- Able to use consultative, solution selling, and business development skills and customize delivery at manager, director, VP and C level to become a trusted advisor
- Able to gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ business needs, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure
- Understanding of the software development process and/or agile methodologies is preferred
- Able to deliver excellent customer presentations tying the Pluralsight solution to key business drivers and demonstrate ROI
- Exceptional track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales revenue targets
- 10+ years of direct SaaS sales, or sales-related, experience closing $100,000+ ACV/ARR deals
- Experience in an outbound Account/Business development role and solution-oriented value-based commercial or enterprise software sales
- Proficient using Salesforce.com, Sales Navigator and other prospecting platforms
- University or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
We embrace a mindset of continuous improvement and encourage our team members to take ownership of their careers. As part of that, we advise leaders and team members to partner in co-creating growth plans. Career growth can look different to different folks. For one person it could be up-skilling to level up on their current track. For another it could be re-skilling to develop new competencies for a different type of role. Others want to apply existing skills in new ways to expand their influence within the organization. Whatever their goals are, we believe in investing in skills development and connecting folks to experiences that create pathways to new opportunities for them. To support growth and development, we allocate a budget to professional development spend, host career weeks, and provide career development toolkits.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.