From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is on track to become the default choice for enterprises building new data pipelines to power the modern data stack. As a data movement platform, Fivetran is moving critical data on behalf of our customers to help power analytical and operational use cases.
It’s essential that the data we deliver is delivered within customer SLAs (service level agreements) for latency and availability, that data volumes can scale to the high end of enterprise work loads, and the platform is able to support initiatives from the SaaS and DB connector teams, data governance/democratization teams, and data security and data trust teams. As the Product Manager of the Core Fivetran Platform you will lead this critical and highly technical area, solving challenging customer needs by driving initiatives around the early detection of pipeline slowness and scalability issues, impact analysis, alerting and observability. Your success gives our customers and partners confidence that we are delivering a best-in-class data product, and helps drive further adoption of new and existing customers.
You’ll be a product leader that collaborates closely with the Fivetran core engineering team, our partners, DB and SaaS connector architects, and go-to-market teams to deliver new capabilities and broadly support the pipeline ecosystem. This is a position of key responsibility with high visibility across and coordination with leaders from Fivetran & our most important partners.
This is a full-time position based out of our Toronto, Canada office.
What You'll Do
- Drive the Core Platform product roadmap; set quarterly goals and track deliverables and results
- Prioritize major initiatives that make the Fivetran core system able to handle complex, high volume enterprise use cases, in measurable ways that directly impact our customers and revenue goals
- Perform in-depth pipeline analysis and customer research to identify areas of opportunity for improvements
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, analytics, and partnerships teams to drive successful changes
- Evangelize the success of your initiatives both internally and externally
Skills We're Looking For
- 5+ years of Product Management experience.
- Deep understanding of enterprise grade data pipeline platforms.
- Track record of shipping SaaS products that deliver measurable results
- Have a user focused mindset; deeply empathetic to customer needs and internal stakeholders.
- Technically conversant and able to collaborate easily with designers and engineers
- Highly collaborative cross-functionally and within product organization
- Strong attention to detail with a deep understanding of the big picture
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated use of analytics, user research, and business cases to drive decisions and improve products.
- Embody our product team values of Curiosity, Ownership, Collaboration, Kindness, and Integrity.
- Experience with data movement (real-time replication or ETL/ELT), data observability, and/or cloud analytics destinations (Snowflake, Databricks, Kafka, RDS, Synapse, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience with frontend UI and backend heavy products
- Prior experience building data products
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.