Deputy, a global leader in smart scheduling and workforce management, is seeking a Lead Account Executive to join our team and to support our sales team. With more than 330,000 workplaces in over 100 countries using Deputy to streamline scheduling, communication, engagement, and onboarding for millions of shift workers, we empower businesses with the tools and insights to simplify compliance and build thriving workplaces in every community.
Our team, which sits across three continents, is driven by an empathy-first approach. We believe that our best work comes from putting our own employees’ experiences and the experiences of the managers, shift workers and business owners we support at the forefront of what we do.
At Deputy, we are passionate about our purpose. If you're ready to positively impact the future of work for the world’s 2.7 billion shift workers, we invite you to join our team.
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced self-starter with proven sales skills and a demonstrated history of over-achievement, to come and join our amazing sales team!
As a Mid Market/Enterprise Lead Account Executive, you are eager to use your strategic selling skills to hunt and educate prospective customers on the benefits and value of Deputy. You will serve as a trusted adviser, share insights and continually seek opportunities for growth to make your customers as strong and successful as possible. You will also be managing and driving sales opportunities through strategic selling to negotiation and closing while continuing to grow the Deputy client base.
- Develop net new book of business in the retail and hospitality industries
- Consistently meet and exceed sales quota
- Creatively prospect into Mid-Market and Enterprise prospects to create your own pipeline
- Drive full sales cycle for Mid-Market and Enterprise customers. This includes qualification, pitch/demo, solutioning, pricing/quoting and contract negotiation to close new business.
- Build strategic relationships to gain positioning with decision-makers while driving growth of new business
- Deliver sales presentations to senior management tailoring the solution to each client
- Create and deliver tailored pitches and demos to both operational and senior management prospects
- Become a subject matter expert for clients, helping them on key market trends and challenges
- Creating a feedback for Product and Marketing to understand industry trends and product needs
- Maintain a high volume of revenue-driving activity
- Prospect, cold call and develop new business relationships within a specific geographic region and company size
- Build pipeline, momentum and anticipate industry opportunities and needs through a pro-active, compelling process.
- Ensure that the Deputy vision, brand and strategy is communicated, understood and embraced by potential customers.
- 4-6 minimum years experience in new business development and sales, preferably with experience in retail and/or workforce focused SaaS
- Results and goal oriented individuals with a competitive hunter mindset
- Experience selling software solutions into complex environments
- Experience in selling to Retail and Hospitality industries Proven track record of HR/SaaS sales (meeting and exceeding targets)Proven ability to build a qualified sales pipeline
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Rapid relationship building skills—must have the ability to build rapport, uncover needs, identify options, prioritize stakeholder needs, and close sales
- Value articulation ability—must be able to effectively handle objections and communicate value over price
- Techniques needed to research potential clients and industries in order to be well-informed and to create instant credibility within a client organization
- Possess the skills needed to negotiate and close new client sales, including reviewing and delivering contracts, pricing, terms, and conditions
- Extensive experience in a relationship selling role where you were recognised as a top performer, driven by achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Experience using Salesforce, Gong, Groove or similar tools to manage pipeline and process
The pay range for this position takes into account multiple factors that are all considered to determine an individual candidate’s starting pay. These factors include but are not limited to market factors, experience, technical and non-technical skills, education, certifications, and other business acumen. This range does not include any potential incentive programs, such as individual or organizational performance bonuses.
The pay range for this position is $58.41 - $67.30, which is estimated to be an annualized equivalent of $121,500 - $140,000. Commission potential for the role is $121,500 - $140,000 with potential for more if individual quotas are exceeded. All commissions earned are subject to the terms and conditions of your individual Commission Plan.