Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Group Manager, Consumer Product Marketing, to join our Product Marketing leadership team. This person will own the overall consumer product narrative and drive the coordinated GTM strategy to execute it. They will be responsible for generating key customer insights that will inform Grammarly's consumer product strategy and drive go-to-market for our Free and Premium plans, and they will collaboratively create and execute campaigns to drive growth.
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional department at Grammarly, partnering closely with our product, engineering, acquisition, lifecycle marketing, growth, design, and communications teams. This team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product to driving launch and commercialization to grow product adoption post-launch.
Grammarly’s Product Marketing team innovates and uncovers market insights and customer opportunities that influence and shape our product roadmap. Product Marketing Managers at Grammarly are:
- Curious: they seek to understand the why and how.
- Strategic: they know their product, market, customers, and business.
- Story-driven and customer-obsessed: they’re excellent writers who build precise, compelling, and distinctive product positioning with compelling reasons to believe.
- Opinionated: they’re grounded in user insights and data, and they operate with trust and influence because they’re dedicated to the best outcome for our business and customers.
- Collaborative: they bring people together to work toward a common goal.
As the Consumer PMM team leader, you will have the unique opportunity to build a strategic vision that shifts Grammarly's position in the AI communication market, and helps to radically accelerate our growth.
In this role, you will:
- Be the consumer storyteller: drive the development of messaging, positioning, marketing content, and go-to-market strategies for our consumer offerings, and ensure that it is tested, launched, and measured across all of our GTM channels.
- “Own the number”: know how the business is performing against the plan for the year, and vs. the prior year. Be able to explain key drivers of over/under, and recommend strategies to close gaps or further accelerate growth.
- Define, execute, and report on our international expansion GTM, aligning the organization around an ongoing international growth strategy.
- Work with cross-functional teams to design and execute campaigns, product launches, and feature updates.
- Deeply understand our customers, prospects, and competitors, talk regularly to users and prospects, and work with our analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work and shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Lead strategic planning by partnering with product, human insights, and marketing to develop annual and quarterly plans aligned to the company's OKRs and strategic goals.
- Manage the Consumer product marketing team, including team performance and supporting career development and growth.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 4 weeks per quarter.
- Understands the marketing goals, processes, and frameworks of a consumer product focused on defining customer segments and customer engagements, while deeply understanding the acquisition funnel and product-led growth mechanics.
- Thrives in ambiguity and is able to navigate an unstructured environment, understand the opportunities to focus on, and determine how to achieve goals independently.
- Is able to craft a compelling narrative around a business problem and explain complex, technical features in words that anyone can understand; possess the writing chops to be able to articulate benefits effectively to customers and presentation skills to persuade internally.
- Proven track record in influencing, taking to market, and driving adoption for products purchased by consumers, preferably in the AI technology space.
- Has first hand experience in hiring, motivating, managing performance, and matching individuals to roles that play to their talents.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $223K – $306/year (USD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. In Europe, all team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.