At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
As an Algolia Commercial Account Executive, you will be responsible for creating strong relationships with Algolia’s prospects and customers by solution selling, driving value and realizing ROI across the business within the Australia & New Zealand region. You are both a sales hunter and farmer, responsible for researching prospective and existing customers, navigating across the customer’s organization and adapting sales strategies to meet their needs. You have a demonstrated ability to drive complex sales with all stakeholders (from both the Business and IT audiences, and Mid-level to Senior Executives) and have consistently exceeded quotas and achieved objectives within a fast paced, high growth sales environment, with the ability to internally sell.
You will be expected to leverage and prioritize a cross-functional team of both Algolia and Partner resources, to drive desired business outcomes while abiding by operational requirements and processes.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Managing and growing a sales pipeline in the Australia & New Zealand Region
- Developing Sales strategies and creating effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and balanced growth.
- Acting as a Trusted Advisor, seeking to understand the digital experience (including: Search & Discovery challenges of prospects, and establishing positive relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and dedication to value
- Value of counsel and expertise
- Value of solutions
- Value of implementation expertise
- Customer Acuity - Actively understanding each customer's technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy, competitive landscape and any available public information such as earnings statements, press releases and industry trends
- Pipeline planning - Following a well-adapted approach to maintaining a rolling 4Q pipeline and keeping pipeline current in Salesforce.com
- Territory and Account Leadership - You’ll be the SME of your Accounts, regularly maintaining required sales reporting, leading all account relationships, prospect profiling, owning the sales cycles, driving Algolia reference-ability
- Business Planning - Developing and delivering comprehensive business plans to address customer's priorities and hurdles
- Utilizing Strategic Value Assessments, Benchmarking, and Return on Investment data to support decision making process
- Pipeline partnerships – Using and collaborating with support organizations including Marketing, Inside Sales, Customer Success, Partners and any other available channels to funnel pipeline into the assigned territory
- Engage closely with the Algolia’s Partner Ecosystem and Sales Engineering team to design solutions virtually and on-site, depending on client size and need
- Advancing and closing sales opportunities - through the successful execution of the implemented sales strategy, roadmap while following internal and external processes
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years of experience in technology-based consultative Sales, selling solutions for SaaS/API/eCommerce companies within ANZ territories
- A track record of meeting and exceeding your quota targets within the ANZ Region
- A successful history of running complex, multi-departmental sales initiatives within large organizations direct, and through Partners/Agencies
- Experience selling to the C-Suite and SVP levels
- Experience building a business case and delivering return on investment.
- Master Influencing skills - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship management skills
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.