As Postmark’s first Account Executive you will have the exciting opportunity to build, develop, and own our sales process end-to-end: inbound and outbound, from prospecting to conversion. You’ll partner closely with our marketing, customer success, and product teams to take a long-term, relationship-building approach to sales that focuses on ultimate customer success—not just closing deals. For additional information about Postmark's offering and services, please visit our website: https://postmarkapp.com/
What your day could consist of:
- Outbound outreach—prospecting, writing emails and sequences, building pipeline from the ground up
- Taking a customer through the full lifecycle of an opportunity including identification, engagement, qualification, discovery, demo (if requested), building relationships within an organization, proposal, negotiation, close, and expansion
- Run calls (inbound, outbound, upgrade/expansion, cross-sell) with our target personas: developers, product managers, and technology buyers
- Educate prospects and customers on the value of Postmark in a consultative way and effectively communicate how our services will alleviate their needs
- Build relationships with developers, product teams, and decision makers within target companies
- Collaborate with internal teammates to ensure customer success with special emphasis on compliance, signup, conversion, and upsell/expansion
- Nurture the post-sale relationship to ensure ultimate customer success
- Compile learnings/takeaways to help refine our ICPs and constantly improve the sales process
- Use your passion for technology to anticipate customer needs and questions, listen well, and nurture crucial relationships with prospects and customers
- Thoroughly understand the business & technology objectives of our prospects and customers
- Work with cross-functional teams to get a deeper technical understanding of how Postmark works, what our ICPs are, and how to communicate effectively with our target market
What is needed:
- 4+ years of solution sales experience managing complex sales-cycles with demonstrated ownership of territory and account management, preferably within SaaS
- Direct experience selling transactional email services to a technical audience
- Ability to align technology solutions to complex, multi-stakeholder business problems and use strategic thinking skills to solve customer problems
- You take an active interest in opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Passion for building long lasting customer relationships and working cross-functionally within a diverse team to deliver outstanding results
- Demonstrate familiarity and comfort with technical selling situations
- Highly coachable, with a curiosity for learning and a growth mindset
- Ability to prioritize through proven, effective time management skills
- Balanced approach to follow up across new business opportunities and current customer base
- Nice to have: familiarity with selling API-based and/or infrastructure products
- Desire to help us build our sales processes from the ground up, experiment and innovate
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 850+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.