As a Commercial Account Executive you will be responsible for managing deal cycles from generation to close. You will be the primary contact with the customer and have the responsibilities of demoing Pendo, providing technical assistance, successfully navigating a proof of concept, and negotiating contracts. This position works closely with the Sales Development Representatives to develop a territory as well as our Sales Engineers. We look for people who are intellectually curious, belligerently confident, and have a high technical aptitude. As a Commercial AE you are accountable for the plan to hit your territory goal and will enjoy the full assistance of the company to make you successful. You will be surrounded by a great team of people from whom you can learn from. We also want to learn from you.
- Work full-cycle deals from demo complete to close.
- Research and target exciting new SaaS companies using prospecting tools.
- Build and manage an account priority plan.
- Learn and demonstrate the Pendo platform to new prospective customers.
- Lead effective value discovery to truly understand customer needs.
- Navigate a customer through a 7 day free trial and proof of concept.
- Negotiate contracts, review legal terms.
- Record and document all sales activities in SalesForce.com.
- Successfully utilize all sales tech tools.
- Deploy In depth SaaS sales training with MEDDIC and Force Management methods
- 2 years or more of sales experience preferably in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment
- Training with MEDDIC and Force Management a plus
- Demonstrated consistent track record of hitting goal and numbers
- Possess an understanding of SaaS financial metrics
- Willingness to learn in a high paced sales environment
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable
- The ability to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations
- Role will be based out of our beautiful Raleigh, NC Office
- Entrepreneurial background
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation(s) for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected OTE salary range for this role in the following locations is:
(OTE with a Split of 50/50)
Raleigh, NC - $115,000 - $140,000
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.